Blogs I Read

Monday, March 15, 2010

Blog Trouble

I spoke with many of my colleagues today and they told me that it was not a good idea if I blog. I am paraphrasing here, but in short, they felt that there was too much at stake to risk having my thoughts and ideas read and that I could never take them back once they were out there stuck onto the scary, world-wide web. That raises a question. Can you ever take your words back? When you utter the phrase "I take that back" after saying something stupid does that wipe everyone's memory clean? Do they all forget the faux pas you just made and carry on as if it were never said? If you have ever said something stupid, as I have, then you know the answer to these questions. I have been reminded of, and forced to eat, my own words more often than I can remember. While it has not always been the easiest practice, I have always tried to say what I mean. Then, at least, I am not forced to dine on my words, for they leave an awful taste in my mouth.  

No comments: